wiiuse Forums

Last visit was: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:45 pm It is currently Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [1941275] wiiuse_find() overwrites existing connections
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:32 am 

I've noticed that when you connect to at least one wiimote, if you call wiiuse_find() again it will overwrite existing connections-- more specifically, new wiimote 1 takes the slot of already connected wiimote 1 inside of wm[].

I discovered this whilst trying to implement a 24/7 connection service (like the wii), where a thread is always searching for wiimotes to connect to; After one wiimote had connected and i tried to connect a second, wiiuse just slapped the new connection over top of the connection for the first wiimote :-\.

I think when calling wiiuse_find() is should preserve existing connections rather than blanking them.
The fix for this should be pretty simple, in wiiuse_find() as it assigns addresses to wm[x] you have it first check that wm[x] is not already discovered, and if so find one that isn't.

I've patched io_nix.c to do the above, its a basic implementation, still has things i've missed (like not resetting the bt address at the start of wiiuse_find(), etc, etc) ... but, it does allow you to find and connect to more wiimotes whilst you are already connected to some.

Post subject: Re: [1941275] wiiuse_find() overwrites existing connections
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:33 pm 
Developer

I responded on the tracker, please email me if interested. The code is LGPL.

[ 2 posts ]