wiiuse Forums

Last visit was: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:45 pm It is currently Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:45 pm

All times are UTC

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hello Para Wii Balance Board?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:26 am 

Hello Para and you creative innovators here at the wiiuse community, glad to be here, thanks for having me.

After showing my friend ben retan months back how easy the wii mote was to integrate on the pc, he was instantly as hooked as I. After I gave him the api i was working with, he right away found that the project was no longer being updated. After researching more into the subject he came across this lovely site. I have since been watching your project unfold for the past couple months, and am very happy with your progression. which is why i stop in to ask this question.

I come with a very passionate request, and that is to implement support for the wii balance board. My team is currently in the design faze of my at our university for a game project and would love to utilize this piece of technology. If this is possible i strongly encourage the support of the wii balance board, as i think it will be a great added feature. After researching this piece hardware i see the great possibilities for students and the open source community to use the technology for ground breaking ideas.

After all it is not the games that make Nintendo there money its the software, so giving the abilities to play around with the technology will open the producers pockets to invest in the tools, needed to produce the next best game on the market. Thanks! :D

~Kristian

Post subject: Re: Hello Para Wii Balance Board?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:51 am 

Some solid documentation on the command and report structure of the balance board would be required for that to happen. That, or you donating Para a balance board in order to figure them out. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:25 pm 

Im sure we can work something like that out :D:o:lol::mrgreen:.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:31 pm 
Developer

Rhys wrote:
Some solid documentation on the command and report structure of the balance board would be required for that to happen. That, or you donating Para a balance board in order to figure them out. :)

To be fair I didn't do much of the reverse engineering of the wiimote myself. By the time I got into it most of what exists today had already been done by wiibrew.org (I believe marcan did a large chunk, cool guy).

As for the balance board, I would love to implement support for it. If it is completely different though it would have to be another library, WiiuseFit or something :roll:

We'll see, it doesn't get released here in the states until late next month.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:52 pm 

Thanks for your time, cant wait to play around with this fine piece of technology.

[ 5 posts ]